I love bread. No, trust me, you don’t understand – I REALLY LOVE BREAD. And now I’m gluten-free.
Except that I finally found a bread recipe that works and tastes like BREAD. So here it is. The original recipe came from Food.com and was done by GlutenFreeGirl in 2006 – I’m giving you my tweaked recipe, which I found works better.
3 tsp ground flax seed
3 cups rice flour
1 cup tapioca flour
3 tsp xanthum gum
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
2 tbsp fast rise yeast
2 tbsp melted butter
2 whole eggs
1 tsp vinegar
Olive oil for the top
1. Proof the yeast with the sugar and warm water for about 5 minutes.
2. Mix together the butter, the eggs, the vinegar and the xanthan gum, then add the yeast mixture.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and beat for about 3 minutes. It’s a VERY sticky dough.
4. Put on a greased cookie sheet and slash diagonally every few inches, if desired. Or put in a regular greased bread pan. Let rise for approximately 20-25 minutes in a warm place.
5. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Bake for 40-45 minutes (45-50 for the bread pan option). If you are doing the French loaves, cover with tin foil after 20 minutes.
- (writing/personal) Monday, my old enemy, we meet again.
- (writing/cons/personal) Decisions to be made